As one of the fundamental ways to ensure the quality of education and services that ASCOT provides to its students and other stakeholders as an educational institution, the Aurora State College of Technology (ASCOT) underwent virtual Institutional Accreditation assessed by accreditors from the Accrediting Agency of Chartered Colleges and Universities in the Philippines, Inc. (AACCUP), November 8 to 13.
Here, the College was evaluated on how well it is performing in the following fields and areas to ensure that it will deliver quality services and effectively meet the demands and needs of its students, stakeholders, and the different industries in the future as a whole:
- Area I – Governance and Management
- Area II – Teaching, Learning, and Evaluation
- Area III – Faculty and Staff
- Area IV – Research
- Area V – Extension and Consultancy and Linkages
- Area VI – Support to Students
- Area VII – Library
- Area VIII – Infrastructure and Learning Resources
- Area IX – Quality Assurance Culture
The AACCUP Team of Accreditors consists of officials and professors from various state universities and colleges. Included in the IA Team Accreditors were:
- ANTHONY M. PENASO – President, Caraga State University (Area of Assignment: Area I)
- RICELI C. MENDOZA – Professor VI, University of Southern Mindanao (Area of Assignment: Area II, III, and VI)
- CHARLITO P. CADAG – President, Camarines Sur Polytechnic Colleges (Area of Assignment: Area IV and V)
- ANITA C. SORNITO – Librarian, University of Southern Mindanao (Area of Assignment: Area VII)
- EDGARDO E. TULIN – President, Visayas State University (Area of Assignment: Area VIII and IX)
In a Facebook post, ASCOT expressed its heartfelt appreciation and thanks to the Accreditors from the said accrediting body who gave their precious time and effort in evaluating the various services and programs offered by our College.
This endeavor proves that ASCOT will always be committed to achieving its vision and mission of ensuring its students will always be steps ahead towards development.