Regular Academic Term: Monday to Saturday
8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (no noon break)
Semestral and Summer Break
8:00 AM to 12:00 AM
1:00 PM to 5:00 PM
CLOSED on Sundays and Public Holidays
Requirements for Library Users
1. ASCOT students, Faculty and Administrative Staff
• Library Card duly validated for the current term by authorized library staff
2. Outside Researchers
• School/Office ID and Referral letter from the institution of origin
1. Reading Room Use Only
o General Reference, theses, dissertation, feasibility studies and research work designs are strictly for ROOM USE only and may not be photocopied.
o Periodicals, journals and vertical files collections are restricted for ROOM use only. These may be borrowed for photocopying purposes only.
2. Overnight and Home Reading Loans
o Overnight loans are allowed to all students (graduate & undergraduate programs), faculty and staff. Books are charge out from 4:30 – 5:00 PM and should be returned not later than 9:00 am the following day.
o No overnight loans are issued during the last week of the semester.
The fine for overdue books are the following:
o General Circulation Books – P1.00/hour(Saturday, Sunday & Holiday inclusive)
o Reserve Books – P2.00/hour (Saturday, Sunday & Holiday inclusive)
o Fiction Books – P0.50/hour (Saturday, Sunday & Holiday inclusive)
• Lost books must be reported immediately to the librarian or library staff to avoid accumulated overdue fines.
• A lost book should be replaced with an exact copy or an up-to-date related subject/closely related subject may serve as replacement if there is no exact copy available.
• The corresponding fine from the date that the book should be returned up to the time it is reported/replaced will be an additional requirement.
Library Card is a requirement for the signing of clearance to be done by assign Library Assistant in the office.
Courtesy in the Library
Library users are requested to present their validated library card in borrowing books at all times.
The following are strictly not allowed:
• staying or loitering around the library corridors;
• doing art work or conducting class discussion inside the reading room;
• eating, smoking and sleeping;
• talking loudly; and
• loud ringing cellphones or any other communication devices