To adhere to the minimum health standards implemented by the Inter-agency Task Force (IATF) to prevent the possible spread of the COVID-19 virus and to make its services more accessible to its students, including aspiring ASCOTians, despite the pandemic, the Aurora State College of Technology (ASCOT) is currently conducting a month-long Mobile Admission and Examination for the incoming School Year 2021-2022 in all the eight towns in the province of Aurora starting June 19 to August 13.
Various areas in Baler, Maria Aurora, San Luis, Dipaculao, Dinalungan, Dilasag, Casiguran, and Dingalan were identified to be the enrollment and examination area wherein the faculty members and staff who is serving as facilitators will ensure that minimum health standards such as wearing facemasks and physical distancing are being observed on the whole duration of the enrollment and examination process.
To assist students in their queries and concerns regarding the programs offered by the College, faculty members from each department also guided them in the process of enrollment, shifting of courses, submitting different credentials and requirements, and other admission-related policies.
Aside from the limited face-to-face enrollment and examination process implemented by the College, ASCOT is also implementing online examination and pre-registration through its ASCOT Online Services using the link: https://ascot.edu.ph/oees and the Google Form links provided by each department in their social media pages for the convenience and safety of students in enrolling in the middle of the pandemic.
ASCOT’s offered courses for the School Year 2021-2022 for undergraduate degree programs include the following:
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering (BSCE) Majors in Construction Engineering and Management
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering (BSEE)
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering (BSME)
- Bachelor of Science in Forestry (BSF)
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology (BSIT) with Specializations in Application Programming and Digital Design
- Bachelor of Science in Hospitality Management (BSHM)
- Bachelor of Science in Tourism Management (BSTM)
- Bachelor of Elementary Education (BEED)
- Bachelor of Secondary Education (BSED) Majors in English, Filipino, Science, and Mathematics
- Bachelor of Technology and Livelihood Education (BTLED) Majors in Home Economics and Information and Communication Technology
- Bachelor in Industrial Technology (BIT) Majors in Automotive Engineering Technology, Civil Engineering Technology, Electrical Technology, and Food Technology
- Bachelor of Science in Marine Biology
For Graduate Degree Programs, ASCOT offers the following:
- Master in Management (MM) Majors in Business Management, Educational Management, and Public Management
- Master of Arts in Education (MAEd) Majors in Educational Management, Science Education, Filipino Language Teaching, and Guidance and Counseling
- Master of Science in Agriculture (MSA) Majors in Crop Science and Animal Science
- Master of Science in Environmental Management
- Non-Degree Post Baccalaureate Program (Certificate in Professional Education)
- ASCOT-NEUST Collaboration in Ph.D. in Education Management, Business Administration, Public Administration, and Masters of Engineering Management
Based on the Academic Calendar for the School Year 2021-2022 released by the College Registrar, the start of classes is August 16, 2021, for college students and August 28, 2021, for Graduate Students.
These efforts prove that this pandemic will never be a barrier for ASCOT to be always committed to delivering relevant and quality education to the youths of Aurora. Implementing this new normal mode of admission, entrance examination, and conduct of classes will make ASCOTians steps ahead towards the province’s development.